Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Our 3rd baby! Aqil..


On Wednesday, March 26, 2008 at12.00am, my water broke...I was already 3cm dilated the day before. At last..this is it..We all were waiting for this baby since 2 weeks ago! Since Umar was born at 36+wks, Zaky at 38wks. And this baby is at his actual due date! (which at first Mummy thought March 27! :-P) Call hospital, they asked to come for check-up. Was hard for the doc whether I can go home or should stay. Eventually they asked me to stay although I was still at 3cm. So 2.10am, straight to labour room for drip, then pitocin. Progress was slow...At 9am, I asked epidural, I was about 5-6cm then. At 2pm I was fully dilated, but baby's spine is at the side. Therefore when it's time to push, I have to be moved left and right alternately hoping the baby will turn for it to come out! My God..what an experience! U'r in total pain, and still have to move yr body left and right, and also I was given oxygen for a while coz the baby's heart rate is not good. I was vomiting 2-3 times at the same time! After more than hour, the baby's position is still the same. Doctor made decision for forcep delivery in Operation room, and if baby cannot be turned, C section will be done straight away! (I was praying, "Please no C Section..") So my bed being pushed to operation room, with anesthetist to add more of epidural! With oxygen mask for the baby! (not for me!:-P) that made me vomitted again! & again!..OMG all those moments..I felt like a dream..I was so light headed (mabuk mcm gini agaknya..), blurry, can listen to what people speaking..can see baby been pulled out, wiped, & Naz been asked to cut the cord. After all that, (a nurse offered us to take a picture with the baby in that Operation room! Cool!..:-) ) I was pushed to the my room again, still light headed, blurry vision.. for the next half an hr.
alhamdulillah... Welcome baby Aqil!...


1 comment:

dbab said...

erk! reading your entry gain back my memory dear..ahhhh..the labour pain!!