Saturday, January 20, 2007

Happy New Year.


Happy Awal Muharram 1428! It is big deal celebrating New Year of Roman calendar. 2007 years now. But some people like me! sometimes forgotten that our own lunar calendar (accuracy by nature by Allah!), islamic calendar year. 1428 hijrah years today. Our children won't know about this if we do not tell them. I imagine myself would not remember if I did not get e-mails from people who remember! And imagine the future generation..And I do not remember I ever learnt about the 12 islamic months name! Wish could remember the nasyid by the local group! And would like to teach our children...so Mummy and son learn together!
And with the 3 year old who never tired of asking.. Why, why, why... hhhmmm.... Until our mind exhausted of thinking of how to answer them!
"Why do we have to eat Mummy?"
"Why do we have to shower Mummy?"
"Why this apple is green?"
"Why the sun has gone?" Because it's winter, and the day is short! "Why..?".."...."
And not only that.. Sometimes they say things unexpectedly.
"I had enough of you Mummy." "Why?"..This time is Mummy Why!
"Because you alway say to me, Don't do this, Don't do that Umar." With his facial expression micmicking his Mummy! (I wanted to laugh, but if I laughed he would think it's funny, and he will always do the same thing!)
Children say anything they wanted to say.. Apart from practising vocabulary, sometimes it's amazing how children think. And there's always a why for them saying anything..Some of them are not nice things, but when we asked why they said that..Their answers should be logic...at least for them! :-) So we parents have to be careful of what we say to them. And it's not easy to compose only nice words! positive words! for negative things they do! We are learning...and trying.

No comments: